30th Annual Choreographers’ Showcase
The 30th anniversary production of this adjudicated showcase — a joint project of the Center and the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission — celebrates the diverse talents of a new generation.
One patron summed up her experience with the showcase this way: “I didn’t know what to expect and was completely overwhelmed by the complexity, diversity and beauty of each and every dance performance.”
This year’s program includes four solo works:
- Corroded (Connor Voss)
- Ink Spilled in Cursive (Jason Garcia Ignacio)
- ECLOSION (Junichi Fukuda)
- Curb (Vanessa Owen)
Also on the program:
- And Frolic (Charli Brissey and Felix Cruz)
- Robert J. Priore’s Going nowhere, getting somewhere featuring a group of 13 dancers
Join us for a Talk Back after both shows.
Preview by the Washington Post
By providing artists with a healthy dose of constructive criticism and by serving as a crossroads for future collaborators to meet, the showcase continues to be a milepost for many dance artists who put down roots in Washington.
– SARAH HALZACK, Washington Post, Friday, January 18, 2013