Let the arts-lover in your life choose their experience and give them a gift certificate to the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center!
Our gift certificates may be purchased for any amount and may be used toward tickets to all public performances presented by the Center purchased through the Center ticket office. They may not be used towards rental events, gala events, parking or purchases at Encore and Applause Café. Gift certificates expire four years from purchase date.
How to purchase gift certificates
- Online: Purchase gift certificates anytime online.
- In person: Visit our ticket office. See our Ticketing and Discounts page for current ticket office hours.
- By phone: Call 301.405.ARTS (2787).
Forms of payment
- Credit card: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
- Check: Make payable to University of Maryland; in-person orders only.
- Cash: For in-person orders only.
- Terrapin Express: UMD students only; for in-person orders only.
Gift certificate delivery options
- Online: Once purchased, email email@example.com and request the redemption code.
- Pick up: Retrieve the gift certificate from the ticket office.
- Mail: Expect your gift certificate to arrive within 2 weeks of your order. Gift certificates may be mailed directly to the recipient.
How to redeem gift certificates
- Online: Enter the redemption code in the gift certificate field when purchasing your tickets.
- In person: Visit our ticket office and reference the redemption code on the gift certificate.
- By phone: Call 301.405.ARTS (2787) and reference the redemption code on the gift certificate.
Returns, exchanges and ticket donations
- If you have purchased the gift certificate: We accept returns; the funds will be credited back to your form of payment.
- If you have used the gift certificate: We accept refunds at any time before the event; the funds will be credited back as a new gift certificate. Our gift certificates cannot be redeemed for cash.
If you request a refund for a cash or check order, you must provide your name, address and tax ID number (social security number, in most cases) so that the State of Maryland may issue you a refund check.
Lost your gift certificate?
Please contact our ticket office. We’ll reprint your lost gift certificate and/or provide you with your new redemption code.