Ticket office hours
We are normally open from 11AM to 9PM, seven days a week.
Our ticket office will be closed Saturday, March 15 through Sunday, March 23 for spring break.
We will reopen on Monday, March 24 at 11AM.
How to order tickets
- Online: Order tickets until two hours prior to the event.
- In person: Visit our ticket office.
- By phone: Call 301.405.ARTS (2787).
- By facsimile: Fax your completed order form to 301.314.2683.
- By mail: Send your completed order form to us:
Guest Experience, Suite 3800
Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-1625
Forms of payment
- Cash: For in-person orders only. Do not send cash in the mail.
- Credit card: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
- Check: Make payable to University of Maryland.
- Terrapin Express: UMD students only.
Returns, exchanges and ticket donations
- Returns and exchanges: With some exceptions, we accept returns and exchanges any time before the event.
- Donations: At any time before the performance, you may donate your tickets to us.
If you request a refund for a cash or check order, you must provide your name, address and tax ID number (social security number, in most cases) so that the State of Maryland may issue you a refund check. Note that this process takes 6-8 weeks to complete.
Please note that we do not accept returns or exchanges on orders of 10 or more tickets to a single event. Other exceptions are posted with the event descriptions.
Buy with confidence, regardless of what the weather may bring.
We offer several discounts to our regular performances.*
Please request your discount when you purchase tickets. When you pick up your discounted tickets, please present the appropriate documentation.
If you are eligible for multiple discounts, please choose one.
*Note: Our discounts may not apply to rental performances or special events.
Purchase tickets to five or more performances in a season and save 20% off the regular ticket price!
- Save 20%: Save 20% on your initial order of 5+ events and each additional order you make for the season.
- Priority ticketing: Each season, we accept subscription orders for four months before we accept single ticket orders.
- Access to free garage parking: Before each season, we offer free garage parking* for anyone who subscribes before a particular date in June. See the season details for more information.
*Note: You will receive a parking pass that is valid only for performances after 4PM on weekdays and anytime on weekends. We are not responsible for lost or stolen parking hangtags. Replacement tags must be purchased for $30.
Groups of 10+ may be eligible to save 20% off the regular ticket price.*
Call our Ticketing Coordinator for details: 301.405.7236.
- Priority seating & personal attention: Our Ticketing Coordinator will ensure that your group gets the best seats and that we meet your accessibility needs. We’ll offer you detailed seating maps, dining advice and directions, including parking information for buses.
- Flexible payment plans: Pay a 50% deposit at time of reservation and 50% one month prior to the performance.
*Note: Youth under 18 and students with valid ID are not eligible for the group rate because they receive a better discount: Tickets for only $10.
Seniors (62 years of age or older) save $5 off the regular ticket price.
Active and retired military personnel save $5 off the regular ticket price.
UMD Alumni Association members
Save $5 off the regular ticket price with your UMD Alumni Association membership card.
UMD faculty and staff
Save 20% off the regular ticket price with your UMD faculty/staff UID.
Students and youth
Purchase $10 tickets with your valid student ID.
All students and youth under 18
Purchase one student ticket per event.
UMD students may receive two student tickets per event:
- $10: Flat rate for students!
- Free: Available in-person on the Monday before the event, even for otherwise sold-out shows. Limited quantities. One ticket per student ID per event.
Ticket delivery options
- Pick up / will call: Retrieve your tickets from the ticket office. On performance nights, please see the window labeled “Will Call.”*
- Mail: Expect your tickets to arrive within 2 weeks of your order.**
*Note: Some performance nights, we have multiple “will call” windows. Please approach the one that corresponds to your last name.
**Note: We do not deliver student tickets by mail or email. Please retrieve your student tickets from the ticket office.
Lost your tickets?
If you purchased the tickets from us, please contact our ticket office. We’ll reprint your lost tickets for you.
If you purchased the tickets from an authorized reseller (such as directly from a rental client), please contact the seller.